We would also like to ensure that applicants provide both their CV, together with a cover letter detailing their notice period and salary expectations.
Background to Telstra Health UK
Telstra Health UK works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical benchmarking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world-class expertise with healthcare leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Telstra Health UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
Purpose of the role
A Senior Healthcare Analyst analyses and interprets healthcare data to enable healthcare organisations to make better decisions that improve the quality and efficiency of care for patients.
A Senior Healthcare Analyst works as part of the Analytics team, independently scoping internal and external projects as they arise, designing and executing statistical analyses, exploring and evaluating new datasets, and developing new metrics and algorithms. A Senior Healthcare Analyst also contributes to the development of the Analytics team by providing training and project support to junior team members.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
A Senior Healthcare Analyst is confident in the duties common to the Analytics team, and works with increasing independence and responsibility whilst developing expertise in particular areas of the business, relevant subject areas and/or technical skills.
A Senior Healthcare Analyst is responsible for:
• Analysing large patient-level datasets to inform healthcare organisations on the quality and efficiency of their services
• Providing expert analytical advice to customers and internal teams
• Providing expert clinical interpretation of analysis to customers and internal teams
• Developing high quality outputs for customers, including reports, dashboards, algorithms and presentations
• Researching and developing statistical models for a range of adverse clinical outcomes such as mortality
• Developing innovative analytical methodologies including predictive risk modelling
• Assessing if new datasets or propositions have the potential to deliver actionable insight for customers
• Collaborating with NHS professionals, particularly clinicians, to conduct analytical work on both regional and national initiatives
• Further developing domain knowledge in healthcare and expertise in datasets and analytical methods used routinely within the business and the industry
• Further developing technical skills, including learning new programming languages, analytical software and advanced analytical methods
• Upholding the exacting standards of the Analytics team by contributing to the quality assurance of outputs
• Providing training and project support to junior team members
• Contributing to the innovative ideas for research work within the Analytics team
• Representing the Analytics team in various internal and external meetings to either present the project work or provide analytical advice
• Supporting their line manager and the team by taking on various team responsibilities
• Taking the leadership responsibility for projects, ensuring work is managed and delivered in a timely fashion
• Proactively sharing knowledge and experience within the team and the wider business
• Showing initiative in implementing improvements to products and processes within the business
Instinctively embraces our company values:
• We are changemakers: We think big, set ambitious goals and deliver them – for our customers, shareholders and communities. By speaking up, being curious to learn and valuing different perspectives we challenge the status quo and make change.
• We are better together: We’re one team and embrace the value each of us bring. Our (super) power lies in working together to deliver for our customers. We’re each accountable for our actions and do what we say we’re going to do.
• We care: We show care in all that we do. We do the right thing for our customers, our communities, the planet, ourselves and each other – even when no one’s watching.
• We make it simple: What we do is complex, but we always make things simple for our customers and each other. Simple doesn’t necessarily mean quick. We keep the simple, simple.
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
• Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, economics) or a scientific discipline with demonstration of excellent analytical skills
• 3+ years’ experience working in an analytical role in the healthcare industry
• Understanding of the workings and structure of the NHS
• Very strong technical skills, including experience using Microsoft SQL Server and programming languages such as R or Python
• Excellent understanding of common statistical methods such as regression modelling, hypothesis testing and time-series forecasting
• Experience working with healthcare datasets (e.g. HES, SUS, Primary Care data)
• Analytically minded, logical and precise, with excellent attention to detail
• Willing to work within a highly collaborative team, learn from others and share own knowledge
• Able to communicate ideas and findings clearly, whether speaking, writing or presenting
• Flexible to work on different types of projects, often simultaneously, whether carrying out research or providing analytical services to support clients’ commercial objectives
• Highly motivated to continuously learn and take on new challenges
• Honest and reliable, taking responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project work
• Ability to take the technical lead on a project and ensure work is managed and delivered in a timely fashion
• Ability to rapidly learn new software and technologies
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience using data visualisation software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, SSRS)
• MSc in a quantitative discipline
• Clinical background
• Understanding of advanced statistical techniques (e.g. predictive modelling, clustering techniques, machine learning)
• Customer-facing experience
Other relevant Information
All staff must be aware of and comply with the requirements of the information security, assurance and governance policies, procedures and standards.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS ONLY REFLECT 80% OF A ROLE, AND ARE NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT ARE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE.