We would also like to ensure that applicants provide both their CV, together with a cover letter detailing their notice period and salary expectations.
Background to Telstra Health UK
Telstra Health UK works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical benchmarking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world-class expertise with healthcare leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Telstra Health UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
Purpose of the role
Telstra Health UK is looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to help build an infrastructure to support an exciting new greenfield project hosted in their own data centre. In this role you will work collaboratively with our data and software development teams to create a robust framework to enable us to deploy and operate our new micro service architecture by empowering a Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment pipeline.
As a key part of the DevOps team, the build and deployment pipelines supporting our existing processes are mature but are always evolving. The DevOps Engineer will have a passion for automation and will have a desire to continually improve and maintain these processes.
Telstra Health UK is primarily a Microsoft house with 99% of the infrastructure running on Windows Servers meaning WinOps is a fundamental criterion of the potential candidate. Scripting skills in Windows PowerShell are an absolute essential and containerisation technologies such as Docker would be advantageous.
Our flagship products are created using the latest technologies including VS2019 and Web APIs in .Net Core. Presentation layers using Angular and database technologies including MS-SQL and MongoDB.
All products are within a CI pipeline using Azure DevOps and Octopus Deploy and Jenkins. These products are extensively tested within development before getting to our quality teams.
The candidate will be joining a well-established agile development team working in a Scrum fashion. This candidate will need to be a good communicator and would be expected to have vocal opinions on potential solutions to fulfil business needs.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Overall, the role holder will:
• Design, script, adapt, integrate and support complex infrastructure components to ensure a streamlined, repeatable and easily scalable deployments to cloud or on-site.
• Assisting in designing the best practices for a highly available and robust micro service platform.
• Improving the level of repeatable deployment in the business.
• Maintaining and improving the continuous integration pipelines.
• Automating the orchestration containers in a Kubernetes cluster on prem and in the cloud.
• Release management.
• Competent knowledge of web software development using .NET Core, NodeJs.
• Competent knowledge of database technologies especially SQL Server.
• System monitoring and ensuring 100% server uptime.
Instinctively embraces our company values:
• We are changemakers: We think big, set ambitious goals and deliver them – for our customers, shareholders and communities. By speaking up, being curious to learn and valuing different perspectives we challenge the status quo and make change.
• We are better together: We’re one team and embrace the value each of us bring. Our (super) power lies in working together to deliver for our customers. We’re each accountable for our actions and do what we say we’re going to do.
• We care: We show care in all that we do. We do the right thing for our customers, our communities, the planet, ourselves and each other – even when no one’s watching.
• We make it simple: What we do is complex, but we always make things simple for our customers and each other. Simple doesn’t necessarily mean quick. We keep the simple, simple.
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
• Strong Automation skills
• Cloud experience
• Agile e.g. Scrum
• Strong Continuous Integration/Delivery
• Strong Scripting
• Microservice architecture
• Strong personal drive and ability to work in small teams
• A commitment to quality
• .Net core / C#
• Experience of working in a rapid application development environment
• Web security and technology (OpenId and oAuth) Technical
• Proven experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
• Strong orchestration tools experience
• Windows PowerShell / Bash
• Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
• Git source control
Other relevant Information
All staff must be aware of and comply with the requirements of the information security, assurance and governance policies, procedures and standards. Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks. A third-party agency will process references, DBS and other checks as required, including credit checks for financial roles. Please refer to our Recruitment
Privacy Notice for further information.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS ONLY REFLECT 80% OF A ROLE, AND ARE NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT ARE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE.