We would also like to ensure that applicants provide both their CV, together with a cover letter detailing their notice period and salary expectations.
Background to Telstra Health UK
Telstra Health UK works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical benchmarking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world-class expertise with healthcare leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Telstra Health UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
Purpose of the role
The Full Stack Software Engineer’s role is to work with the delivery teams to ensure we deliver great quality products to our customers frequently. We require a person with good coding principals, good understanding of development processes and concepts, has an enthusiasm to help and is passionate about personal development. The person in question will be focusing on activities such as design, implementation, unit testing, code reviewing, technical mentoring and technical documentation as required.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Candidates should be accustomed to working independently in an environment in which they take initiative, seek to upskill themselves and work well without direct oversight. Typical day-to-day accountabilities will be:
• Developing and testing of front end applications, web APIs and other services, both manual and automated.
• Developing and testing of both relational and non-relational databases.
• Actively contribute to Agile ceremonies within Scrum or Kanban.
• Communication and understanding of product functionality from the perspective of all members of the delivery team, from stakeholders to testers and analysts.
• User story refinement and definition of acceptance tests.
• Defect Management.
Instinctively embraces our company values:
• We are changemakers: We think big, set ambitious goals and deliver them – for our customers, shareholders and communities. By speaking up, being curious to learn and valuing different
perspectives we challenge the status quo and make change.
• We are better together: We’re one team and embrace the value each of us bring. Our (super) power lies in working together to deliver for our customers. We’re each accountable for our actions
and do what we say we’re going to do.
• We care: We show care in all that we do. We do the right thing for our customers, our communities, the planet, ourselves and each other – even when no one’s watching.
• We make it simple: What we do is complex, but we always make things simple for our customers and each other. Simple doesn’t necessarily mean quick. We keep the simple, simple.
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
Candidates should have a depth of broad experience in C#, SQL and continuous integration, as well as a keen interest in the opportunity to acquire experience in bleeding edge technologies such as Angular and dotnet core. Good experience in an agile approach is essential.
Essential technical skills – mid to senior level required
.Net Core Design Patterns
Restful API Unit testing
Angular/Typescript Microservices architecture
Desirable technical skills – any level of experience
Azure DevOps Cloud competence
• Proven ability to rapidly adopt and incorporate new technologies.
• Proven ability to participate and/or lead in Agile software development projects and ensure business objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
• Creative approach to problem-solving, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
• Healthcare or related public sector experience, especially in the Commissioning space
Other relevant Information
All staff must be aware of and comply with the requirements of the information security, assurance and governance policies, procedures and standards.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks. A third-party agency will process references, DBS and other checks as required, including credit checks for financial roles. Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for further information.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS ONLY REFLECT 80% OF A ROLE, AND ARE NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT ARE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE.