We would also like to ensure that applicants provide both their CV, together with a cover letter detailing their notice period and salary expectations.
Background to Telstra Health UK
Telstra Health UK works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical benchmarking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world-class expertise with healthcare
leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Telstra Health UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
Purpose of the role
To deliver service excellence to NHS provider and commissioning clients in England, helping organisations to turn data into actionable insight. The nature of this support will differ subject to each customer’s own requirements, however is likely to include or require at minimum:
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of complex data/information in a way appropriate to the client and their requirements
- Providing reports for use at Board and other levels
- Assisting customers to embed the use of the tools within their management information processes and drive active change management projects on the back of this
- Training on our management information tools for different role types within client organisations
This role requires the individual to work closely with the business development team and across the wider business, to ensure 100% renewal rates are achieved and new business opportunities are identified.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Working with clients:
- Working with clients at an organisational and an individual level to understand their objectives and challenges and deliver a programme of work that helps them to achieve and overcome these and implement measurable change and improvements
- Developing an expert knowledge of our management information tools and the NHS and other datasets which feed into them; maintaining this knowledge as improvements are made, new
tools launched or datasets included
- Becoming a subject matter expert for a Telstra Health UK product or service, ensuring information is cascaded throughout the organisation and client base as required
- Supporting clients in their use of our tools for example, delivering training for different user groups
- Identifying with customers new opportunities where Telstra Health UK can provide additional services/support
- Strive to achieve 100% renewal rates
- Foster exceptional partnerships with existing clients and stakeholders across the healthcare industry with a focus on how Telstra Health UK can add outstanding value to clients.
- Drive sales activities, with a focus on growing existing client business as well as client retention and recurring revenues, leading to improved sales margins and profit out-turn for targets which are set within a growth focussed business plan.
- Achievement of sales targets and key performance indicators, strive to achieve 100% renewal rates.
- Develop and implement the delivery pipeline of consultancy and analytics services for your territory
Working with business development team:
- Developing an annual account plan with and for each customer, subsequently following up with quarterly activity statements, recording progress against plan objectives and ultimately an
annual report summarising account activity and the value of this
- As directed and in combination with other colleagues e.g. Analytical Services, as required, working to deliver successfully against this plan
- Identifying any opportunities to upscale new services to existing clients
- Assisting in the securing of customer tool renewals, identifying and drawing to the business development team’s attention, any opportunities to deepen customer relationships
- Providing feedback from clients on our products and services to the business
- As required, contributing to the development and implementation of the regional business development strategy
Working within Our Company:
- Being voice of customer internally to ensure all new products/services are relevant and of high impact
- Providing expertise and customer viewpoint to internal meetings as required to ensure business makes decisions with customer top of mind
Instinctively embraces our company values:
- We are changemakers: We think big, set ambitious goals and deliver them – for our customers, shareholders and communities. By speaking up, being curious to learn and valuing different perspectives we challenge the status quo and make change.
- We are better together: We’re one team and embrace the value each of us bring. Our (super) power lies in working together to deliver for our customers. We’re each accountable for our actions and do what we say we’re going to do.
- We care: We show care in all that we do. We do the right thing for our customers, our communities, the planet, ourselves and each other – even when no one’s watching.
- We make it simple: What we do is complex, but we always make things simple for our customers and each other. Simple doesn’t necessarily mean quick. We keep the simple, simple.
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
- Experience of working with or in the NHS – good understanding of NHS structures and policies
- Experience of working with clients external to your organisation, whether in a sales or delivery role.
- Customer facing skills: listening, problem solving, communication
- Analytical skills: able to produce, analyse and interpret data
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Taking complex information and pulling out key points
- Degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in standard office software packages
- Team player
- Work independently, self-starter
- Time management
- Clinical knowledge and/or experience
- Understanding of NHS data sets including HES
- Business Managers within local region and nationally
- Support & Insight Executives
- Product Development
- All levels of NHS customer, from board level and clinicians through to analysts and clinical coders
Other relevant Information
- A current and valid driver’s licence is required
- Travelling in the UK or abroad may be required
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
All staff must be aware of and comply with the requirements of the information security, assurance and governance policies, procedures and standards.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks. A third-party agency will process references, DBS and other checks as required, including credit checks for financial roles. Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for further information
JOB DESCRIPTIONS ONLY REFLECT 80% OF A ROLE, AND ARE NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES.
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT ARE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE